The WORLDSOILS User Requirements Consolidation Workshop was held on 30 June 2021.
The main objective of this workshop was to bring together stakeholders from different domains and involve them in the consolidation of a user requirement baseline preliminary specified by the project team, for the implementation of a Soil Organic Carbon (SOC) monitoring system based on Earth Observation (EO) satellite data.
The workshop handled eight presentations and dialogued discussions, structured into five sessions.
- Introduction to the WORLDSOILS project, context summary and workshop objectives
- SOC requirements outline from EU policy and end users’ perspective
- Results from the SOC prediction feasibility studies: models for exposed soils classification, soil spectral libraries supporting satellite sensors and data integration for SOC mapping worldwide
- Re-analysis of the current set of user requirements and implementation alternatives.
- Overall conclusions and way forward
Major findings and the summary of the open discussions have been compiled in the Workshop Summary Report.
All sessions were recorded and are available for visualisation in the Videos section.